*Now booking in-person sessions in April.
The traditional model of weekly psychotherapy is shifting to meet your needs. Now more than ever, we need flexibility in how we get support.
- Perhaps you’re needing help —- and a lot of it—- right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better.
- Perhaps you’ve had a felt sense that something profound has yet to change, but you’re not quite sure how to shift all the way into a new experience of yourself with your current therapist. Maybe you now cognitively understand new things, yet your body is still confused, so you’re curious about how adjunct EMDR therapy can help.
- Perhaps you’ve been meaning to get into weekly therapy for a while now, but your schedule has been so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive.
EMDR intensives support the client who needs help now, the working professional with a full schedule and a full plate, or the busy parent supporting kids in school and activities. Whatever the reason that weekly sessions just won’t work for you, EMDR intensives are available to support you during times you need help the most.
In my intensives, I offer a powerful combination of clinical hypnosis, FLASH and EMDR. I use clinical hypnosis to calm the body and mind, then I employ a flash technique to reduce the intensity around the trauma memory. Next, I use EMDR to process the remaining trauma. This is well tolerated by the majority of my clients.
EMDR is not just for trauma; it is also used for performance enhancement to excel in areas such as athletics, art, business, and relationships.
EMDR intensives are personalized treatment plans that allow you to skip the waitlist by giving you faster access to select spots, and are designed to support your preferred schedule and timeline for your treatment goals.
RESEARCH ON INTENSIVE EMDR THERAPY IS POSITIVE
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing, or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session. Learn more here.
YOUR EMDR INTENSIVE INCLUDES:
- Pre-consultation interview to assess for candidacy, as well as target unpleasant beliefs, body sensations, emotions, or images from which you are seeking relief.
- Personalized treatment workbook, which allows you to work on your treatment goals before, during, and after our EMDR intensive sessions (available upon request).
- A customized treatment program with targeted treatment goals. This can be done virtually or in person.
- Post-treatment interview to assess and support your adoption of positive changes from treatment.