EMDR is not talk therapy — it’s change therapy.
I created EMDR Intensives to cut to the core of your trauma in potent 3-hour sessions. While many EMDR practitioners only employ EMDR, I’ve found that I can reduce discomfort and distress using a unique combination of clinical hypnosis and the Flash technique in conjunction with EMDR.
I use hypnosis to prepare you for our work. I’ll place feelings of calmness, strength and competence at the forefront of your mind going into the session. Then I may employ a Flash Technique to reduce the intensity around your upsetting memory so that you can access it without undue distress. Finally, I use EMDR to process the remaining trauma.
Your multi-day EMDR Intensive will offer relief and results faster than weekly therapy could ever allow. Read on to learn more about who can benefit from EMDR Intensives. I’d love to answer your questions and hear more about your goals.
I want you to walk away from your EMDR Intensive series lighter — without your trauma dragging along. When you reprocess the trauma your nervous system had locked in, you’ll neutralize the triggers that sparked your limiting beliefs and self sabotage. The triggers that kept pinning you in place no matter how much talk therapy or willpower you had. After leaving your trauma behind, you’ll feel free to pivot and move confidently in the direction of your true purpose as your authentic self.
EMDR Intensives Include
Pre-consultation interview to assess for candidacy, as well as identify unpleasant beliefs, body sensations, emotions, or images from which you are seeking relief.
Personalized treatment workbook available, which allows you to work on your treatment goals before, during, and after our EMDR intensive sessions (please request if you enjoy workbooks!).
A customized treatment program with targeted treatment goals. This can be done virtually or in person, although in person is recommended.
Post-treatment interview to assess and support your adoption of positive changes from treatment.
EMDR Intensives in the Healing Studio
Your EMDR Intensive will be conducted in person in my custom studio in Woodinville WA. On the day of your EMDR Intensive you’ll be welcomed to the oasis of my hobby farm and invited to make yourself comfortable in the private garden studio. The studio is nestled among lush healing botanicals, beautiful foliage, and personable animals including our beloved alpacas and feathered ladies.
I’ve designed every facet of the studio with you and these private EMDR sessions in mind. The interior is filled with natural light streaming through high set windows and a skylight. The trees and sky are visible but their height ensures that the studio feels entirely unseen, nestled in safety out of view. Refreshments including tea and coffee are provided.
Because EMDR Intensives are 3-hour sessions over multiple days — when you’re ready to hear more and/or to structure and schedule your EMDR Intensive — please contact me. We’ll work together to create your personalized plan.
I’m now booking in person intensive sessions for summer 2023.
EMDR Intensives Are Made for You
Now, more than ever, flexibility is imperative for you to receive the treatment and support you need to step into your purpose and life with full authenticity free from trauma and limiting beliefs.
EMDR Intensives include personalized treatment plans that offer faster results and are designed to support your schedule and timeline for your treatment goals.
Still not sure if an EMDR Intensive is for you?
- Need support right now but don’t want to spend months in weekly therapy?
- Feel a sense that you’re on the cusp of a big change or pivotal break though but can’t fully unstick and launch into the new chapter with your current weekly therapy?
- Understand logically the shifts you need and want to make — but you constantly slip into old, unhelpful patterns without warning?
- Have weekly therapy on your to-do list, but your schedule is so demanding it feels more overwhelming than supportive?
EMDR Intensives are designed to help the client who needs help now. Whether you can’t imagine another year in talk therapy, or you’re overbooked and overwhelmed…EMDR intensives are made to support you.
EMDR is not just for trauma. EMDR is also used for performance enhancement to excel in areas such as athletics, art, business, and relationships.
My Credentials & Journey
I believe deeply in my work with EMDR because I have experienced its life-changing power in my own life. Over the years I have seen it change my clients’ lives in profound ways. I am certified in EMDR. You can learn more about my background and specialties here. And dig deeper into the science of EMDR here.
The Research on EMDR
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is practical and has resulted in reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy can be a safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
* Clients typically elect to have 3 -5 sessions.